Tuesday, June 21, 2022

How mind of a Trauma Survivor works

 "I look forward at life, although I am in a happy place, but I feel the road stretches too far, my boots are weak, I have been through hell that has burned its sole and my soul. I feel like the packet of energy I was born with has run out. I have wasted it all, too early, on very unnecessary things. I feel like slightest inconvenience will sweep me off. A little fall will crack my ribs. One stumble, and all the things I have stuffed forcefully inside my bones will come tumbling out like clothes from a overfilled wardrobe. I feel like I have pieced myself back with a substandard glue. Something that won't stand even a single rain. I am whole for now, and I am happy with life, but my reserves are empty, one little uncertainty that I would have laughed off few years ago can now throw me off a cliff."

Traumas don't always make you stronger. They help you grow for sure. But your backpack is empty most of the times. You have spent all of your energy on climbing the mountains, now to find out you you don't even have enough left to climb the nearest hills. But thats okay. Keep going. You have got it. You made this far. We made this far. We will make it further. I know people who had made it through life with an empty backpack. Even without a backpack. What if you spent it all too early. We still have to keep going, without or without our reserve packet of energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All is valid

The way you have mixed feelings about your parents is valid. You might have loving parents, who love you with all their being but the mental...